If you live in certain areas with greater odds of flooding and have a mortgage, federal law may require you to have flood insurance. But even if you’re not required to have flood insurance your home could still be at risk.

Flood insurance covers the structure of your home and your personal property from, well, flood damage. But here’s the thing: regular water damage and flood damage can be separate, specific conditions when it comes to property insurance.

Make sure you don’t end up taking a bath in the event that your home sustains damage– talk to Western Agency today to make sure you’re properly insured when it comes to the various kinds of water-related damage.

Get a Quote for flood insurance today. Western Insurance Agency can help you.

Most flood insurance policies require a 30-day waiting period before the coverage is effective. Exceptions are only made for a few specific circumstances such as if you’re purchasing a new home and the closing is in less than 30 days.

Flood policies must be paid in full when purchased. You may be able to add it to your mortgage payment, check it out.

Your insurance contract is contained only in your policy, not in this Web site. Your insurance protection may vary from the coverage described here, depending on the standard coverage included in your policy and the optional coverage you purchase.